Sweet Potato Casserole is a traditional side dish casserole that is served around the holidays. Homemade sweet potato casserole made with fresh sweet potatoes and topped with a delicious crumble and baked to perfection.No RatingsPrint
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups pecans, chopped
- Peel and boil sweet potatoes until tender. One the mashed potatoes are done, drain off water.
- Mash with a fork or hand mixture, until creamy.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix sweet potatoes with the next seven ingredients and beat until a smooth consistency is reached.
- Spray a large 9×13 pan or a couple of smaller casserole dishes with non-stick cooking spray. Pour sweet potato mixture into the pan.
- Mix topping, and then add to sweet potatoes. Bake for 25 to 28 minutes. or until the sweet potato casserole is fully cooked.
YIELD: 6 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 891TOTAL FAT: 45gSATURATED FAT: 18gTRANS FAT: 1gUNSATURATED FAT: 25gCHOLESTEROL: 159mgSODIUM: 218mgCARBOHYDRATES: 117gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 0gFIBER: 4gSUGAR: 91gSUGAR ALCOHOLS: 0gPROTEIN: 9g