- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, finely chopped (about 3 medium)
- 1 can cannellini beans (10 oz.), rinsed and drained
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped (or 2 tablespoons dried)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes, sliced (about 3 medium)
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat and sauté onion and zucchini until tender. Stir in red pepper flakes, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add beans, then stir until well combined and heated through. Transfer veggie mixture to baking dish and top with sliced tomatoes.
- Whisk together eggs, salt, pepper, basil and shredded cheese in a large bowl. Pour mixture over the casserole ingredients.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until egg is set, and casserole is lightly browned and puffy. Remove from oven and serve hot