Ingredients for stuffed peppers:
° 2 kilos of colored peppers (red, green, yellow).
° One kilo of washed Egyptian rice.
° 3 large onions, finely chopped.
° 4 cups of tomato juice concentrate.
° 4 cups of chicken or beef broth.
° Cup chopped with dill.
° Cup of chopped parsley.
° ½ cup chopped green cilantro.
° 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce.
° 2 tablespoons of oil.
° ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
° 1 teaspoon of chopped dry mint
° ️ A teaspoon of mixed spices.
° ️ A teaspoon of ground black pepper.
° ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg.
° ½ 1 teaspoon of chopped hot pepper.
° Cube of crushed chicken broth. salt.
- How to prepare the stuffed peppers:
- Chop the pepper crosswise, then clean the inside well.
- Over medium heat, heat the oil, then add the onions and stir until soft.
- Add the tomato sauce and 3 cups of tomato juice and stir, then bring to a boil.
- Add the stock cube, and stir for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, put the rice, cilantro, dill, parsley, onion mixture, tomato, mint, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, black pepper, salt and hot pepper, and stir well.
- Fill the peppers with the rice, and leave the amount with a fingertip, to allow the rice to expand as it cooks.
- Over medium heat, add the rest of the tomato juice and broth, and bring it to a boil.
- Arrange the pepper in a saucepan, place the top of the pepper on the bottom, then pour the broth inside each pepper.
- Pour the rest of the broth into the bottom of the pot until it reaches the pepper, then cover the pot and leave it on medium heat until the broth comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to quiet, and let fall for 45 to 50 minutes until cooked.
- Serve hot.