- ▢1 pound Spaghetti
- ▢1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil divided
- ▢1/4 cup hot water from cooked pasta
- ▢1/2 small onion diced
- ▢3 cloves garlic minced
- ▢1 teaspoon paprika
- ▢1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ▢1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ▢1 teaspoon salt
- ▢1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- ▢1/2 cup dry white wine Room temperature
- ▢2 cups Heavy cream room temperature
- ▢1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ▢1/8 cup fresh parsley leaves chopped
- ▢1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Return to the pot and toss with the 1/8 cup olive oil and reserved cooking liquid. Cover to keep warm.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, paprika, cayenne, thyme, and salt. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add the white wine and cook over high heat until nearly all evaporated. Reduce heat to medium low, add the cream, cooking and stirring occasionally until slightly reduced. Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and keep warm.
- In the meantime, toss the shrimp with some additional paprika. Heat oil in a pan and cook for 1 – 2 minutes per side. Set aside, cover and keep warm.
- Add the cooked pasta to the cream mixture and toss to coat. Cook until the pasta is warmed through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add the Parmesan Cheese. Stir in some of the shrimp into the pasta mixture, reserving a few to garnish. Serve with more grated Parmesan, small pieces of parsley.
Please don’t try to skimp on fat and calories and use half and half or milk. Half and Half can be finicky and curdle if not added properly. If the heat is too high, and the half and half is not at room temperature.