- 1 Lb. Spaghetti noodles
- 1 Lb. bacon (or traditionally pancetta.. but that is usually tougher to find)
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. milk (or heavy cream) (or fat free heavy cream)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh Italian parsley
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 5 oz. fresh Parmesan cheese, flaked or shredded (divided)
- Cook pasta to al dente according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, cook bacon in a large skillet. When bacon is cooked and slightly crispy, remove from skillet and drain all but about 3-4 Tbsp. of the remaining bacon grease from the skillet. Crumble bacon.
- Return skillet to stovetop and reduce heat to low. Stir in garlic and heat until garlic becomes golden brown and fragrant.
- Beat together eggs, milk, and pepper. Stir in about 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese to the egg mixture.
- Using tongs, take pasta directly from pasta water to the skillet –DO NOT DRAIN and DO NOT DISCARD PASTA WATER. Keep skillet on low heat.
- Add crumbled bacon, egg mixture, and remaining Parmesan to pasta. Toss together until everything is mixed together.
- If the pasta becomes too dry, spoon in some of the pasta water a little at a time. Garnish with chopped green onion, red pepper flakes or extra Parmesan to taste.