3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
2 cups pecan halves
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and sour cream and stir constantly until mixture starts to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and bubbly, 5-6 minutes. (Cook until mixture reaches 240°F on a candy thermometer.)
- Remove from heat and stir in salt and vanilla extract. Add pecans and stir until coated.
- Spread mixture out evenly on baking sheet and let cool completely. Break into pieces to serve. Enjoy!