- 4 cups your choice of fresh berries (I used blackberries & raspberries)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a 10 inch cast iron skillet, toss together berries, sugar, 1/2 cup flour, cornstarch and salt. Smooth berry into an even layer.
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, add the 1 cup flour, oats, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Add the butter and mix until texture is coarse clumps and mixture will hold together in clumps when you squeeze it with your hand.
- Spread topping evenly on top of berry mixture with your hand and press it down lightly.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the edges are bubbling and the top is golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!