- 2 chicken breasts, bone in with skin
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme + 2 fresh thyme stems
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken breasts into slow cooker.
- Add onions and mushrooms, along with garlic, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, brown sugar. Pour over top of chicken and veggies. Add 2 stems of thyme. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours.