Back to Top
- 1 lb lean ground beef (93/7)
- 1 – 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup, divided
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp McCormick Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1 – 8 oz pkg mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- 1/2 sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, 1/4 can cream of mushroom soup, bread crumbs, egg, onions, and steak seasoning. Form into 4 oval patties and set aside.
- In a large deep skillet over medium high heat, add 1 Tbsp canola oil and 1 Tbsp butter. Brown both sides of the patties and remove to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 Tbsp butter to the skillet and saute the mushrooms over medium heat until tender, about 8 minutes. Add the beef broth, gravy mix, remaining cream of mushroom soup, rosemary, and black pepper to taste, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the browned patties back to the skillet and spoon the gravy over top. Cover with a lid and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes. Enjoy!