My weakness! With ice cream or whipped cream!! I’ve been looking for a great Pie and this seems to be a hit.
– 1 Box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
– 2 1/2 cups light corn syrup
– 2 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
– 1/2 cup butter, melted
– 4 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
– 6 eggs, slightly beaten
– 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
– Butter-flavor cooking spray
– 2 cups pecan halves
– Vanilla ice cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 425°F. With shortening or cooking spray, grease 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Remove 1 pie crust from pouch; unroll on work surface. Roll into 13×9-inch rectangle. Place crust in dish; trim edges to fit.
- In large bowl, stir corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs with wire whisk. Stir in chopped pecans then spoon half of filling into crust-lined dish. Remove second pie crust from pouch; unroll on work surface. Roll into 13×9-inch rectangle. Place crust over filling; trim edges to fit. Spray crust with butter-flavor cooking spray.
- Bake until browned, about 14-16 minutes. Make sure to reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Carefully spoon remaining filling over baked pastry; arrange pecan halves on top in decorative fashion. Bake until set, about 30 minutes longer. Let cool on cooling rack for approximately 20 minutes . Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.