The Party Shrimp is an extremely delicious, extremely simple DIY (Do It Yourself) appetizer to make. No fuss and no complications.
A well made Party Shrimp dish has everyone refilling their plates with seconds and thirds, and leaves you feeling (and looking) like a fancy party host/hostess with very little effort (even if it is a one man/woman party).
So, rest assured, with this recipe, you’re going to be able to achieve that fantasy of smiling and waving as you receive compliments from your guests about the refreshments at your party, without having to spend the requisite half a day in the kitchen.
However, if you’re allergic to shrimp and other seafood, don’t try this at home!
You don’t need so many things for this dish equipment-wise. Basically, all you need is:
- A freezer in perfect working condition
- An oven (also in perfect working condition)
- A large lidded container or zip-top bag
- A baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
You can go about preparing the Party Shrimp appetizer with only the materials listed above, unless you wish to throw in the spoons and bowls, which some people don’t necessary need. But yeah, feel free to add those too.
Behold the extremely easily available ingredients that you’ll need in order to whip up a batch of the legendarily scrumptious Party Shrimp dish:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
(Or two tablespoons, depending on preferences, and how much oil the shrimps may end up needing.)
- 1- 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
(This should be enough to add a sweetened taste/ flavor to the shrimps. Do not get more brown sugar. Stay your hand, sweet-tooth possessor!)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
(This will give the dish a fresh lemony zest or zing)
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced (or more, depending on personal preference…and due consideration of your guests’ preferences.)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
(This is a great way to introduce flavor and a little spice into your Party Shrimp, if you prefer to go for those hot blends. But we advise you to use your paprika for this particular Party Shrimp, for the sake of your guests’ taste buds.
Stay your hand!)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
(This will give the shrimp that exotic, rich Italian taste that just makes all the difference.)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
(This is a really great way to introduce some traditional healthy vibes into your Party Shrimp. When people ask what you put in it, you can go ahead and list them the ingredients joyfully.)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or more, depending on your personal preference. Before you go about setting aside mountainous heaps of pepper, we would like to remind you of the aforementioned paprika.)
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined (as fresh as possible, the fresher the shrimps, the more flavorful the Party Shrimp dish is going to taste when it’s done.)
Now these ingredients may be adjusted or varied depending on the quantity of the dish to be prepared, or more precisely, the amount of people expected to be at your party. This particular recipe is only good for your consumption, along with two or maybe three of your friends…probably more, if you and your buddies eat in small, tiny bits.
But if you plan on feeding a few more people, or that party we’ve been subtly hinting at, then you definitely need to adjust the recipe accordingly.
Hey, don’t worry.
You can always shoot us a quick email and we’ll put you through.
Finally! We have arrived at the most challenging part of this recipe – you know, the part where you actually have to follow it as precisely as you can.
It can get a little daunting, but you know what always helps? Having a clear surface to work with, like before all this. So, go right ahead and clear out that counter! After doing that, carefully lay out all the ingredients on that clear surface.
Do this in a tidy manner. Do not muddle all the ingredients together! Absolutely not. Give the ingredients space, people!
Now, relax. Remember, the Party Shrimp appetizer is a relatively easy dish to make. It is an appetizer, after all.
- In a large re-sealable plastic bag (you may substitute with the large lidded container or zip-top bag), combine the first eight ingredients (1 tablespoon olive oil, 1- 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar, 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, 1 garlic clove (thinly sliced), 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or more or less, depending on your personal preference, consideration for your guests’ personal preferences, and the amount of people expected to partake in this scrumptious dish. Bearing all of these in mind, you may want to adjust the recipe accordingly, or consult us through comments or by email. We would love to help however we can.)
- Add the 1 pound of uncooked large shrimp, seal bag and turn to coat. Make sure the shrimp is well marinated.
- Refrigerate for two 2 hours.
(The purpose of refrigerating it is to make sure the shrimp remains fresh as it soaks in the marinade, for better flavor retention and to ensure that all parts of the shrimp give you that desired taste.)
- After 2 hours, remove the shrimp- marinade mixture from the refrigerator, drain the shrimp and discard the marinade accordingly.
(You may leave in the shrimp – marinade mixture inside the refrigerator for longer, but 2 hours should be enough).
- Place the shrimp on an ungreased baking sheet, which may have already been lined with aluminum foil (so as to aid easy removal), and broil in the top rack of the oven.
(Broiling is done when food is cooked by exposing it to direct radiant heat, like the type given off by a grill or an oven, and turning it intermittently during the procedure so that both sides of the food will be done.)
- While preparing the Party Shrimp appetizer, broiling is done by heating for 3-4 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
(Take care to space out the shrimps inside the baking sheet so that they won’t stick together; and if you’re using an oven, which we recommend, you should leave the oven door partly open.)
- Serve hot, and though you don’t need to be told, dig in! (Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.)
Interestingly, a single shrimp in this dish contains about 14 calories.
We hope you enjoy the legendary Party Shrimp appetizer!
Do feel free to drop your comments on facebook and share it with your friends.
You may also check out our other DIY (Do It Yourself) recipes!