- 4 Filet Mignon steaks 6 oz each
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Set the steaks out and allow to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Salt and pepper the steaks on all sides to taste.
- Heat a heavy oven-safe pan such as a cast iron skillet over high heat.
- Add the oil to the pan.
- Place the steaks in the pan and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes until seared (the steaks will release at that point.
- Turn and cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Add the butter to the pan and allow to melt.
- https://7bda6577f8459caf422c0c4fd8e48b99.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-37/html/container.htmlPlack a few leaves off of the rosemary and toss on top of the steaks.
- Add the garlic and the rest of the rosemary to the pan and stir.
- Spoon the butter mixture over the steaks to baste.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 6-7 minutes until the meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of the steak reads 140.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle steak with the pan drippings and serve.
Use a cast iron or stainless steel pan for best searing results.
Calories: 599kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 52g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 149mg | Sodium: 184mg | Potassium: 527mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 4mg