Back to Top
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 large russet potatoes
- shortening for frying (or canola oil)
- Set up a two large bowls and in the first one whisk the milk and egg together.
- In the second bowl combine the flour, seasoned salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder.
- Scrub clean the potatoes and slice into 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick wedges.
- Once cut let the potatoes sit in the milk mixture.
- In a large heavy bottomed pot, heat 3 inches of shortening in to 375°F.
- Take a handful of the potatoes out of the milk mixture with a slotted skimmer or tongs.
- Toss in the flour mixture.
- Fry in the hot oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Once all the batches are done with the first round of frying, fry them a second time for 4-6 minutes until golden brown and crispy.