- 6 large apples
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
- Wash and thoroughly dry the apples.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat stir the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and sweetened condensed milk until combined.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly and cook until a candy-thermometer read 245F
- Remove from heat and stir-in vanilla extract.
- Dip each apple into the hot caramel and immediately add toppings if desired.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and allow to cool before serving.