Back to Top
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place butter in a 9-inch cast iron pan or a baking dish. Place in oven until butter melts.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together all remaining ingredients except the blackberries.
- Once butter has melted, remove pan from oven using a potholder. Pour batter into pan and sprinkle blackberries on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.