- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp table salt
- 2 tbsp butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 4¼ oz buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450 F degrees.
- In a large bowl add the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and mix it all. To it add the butter cut into pieces.
- Using a pastry cutter or 2 knives, but in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the buttermilk to the bowl.
- Stir in the buttermilk until just moist and knead the dough a few times.
- Roll out the dough to ½ inch thickness, and cut with a 2 inch biscuit cutter. Place the biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet and brush with egg wash.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until nice and golden.
Source : allrecipes.com