1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
4 garlic cloves finely minced
1 cup fresh spinach
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp red crushed pepper optional
1 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp paprika
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and paprika on both sides.
- Cook the shrimp for 30 seconds on each side and then remove it from the skillet.
- Add more oil if needed, and cook the garlic and red crushed pepper for 15 seconds.
- Stir in the fresh spinach and season with salt and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the heavy cream and add the fresh parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper if needed. Cook for 6-7 minutes or until it thickens nicely.
- Once the sauce thickens, place the shrimp back into the skillet, cover with a lid and cook for an additional 30 seconds over low heat.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired and enjoy!