A friend of mine invited me to a tiny gathering at her house one weekend. It was a simple party supposedly. She just wanted to catch up with us since work has been eating her schedule lately. She was one of my career-first friends who was still enjoying the single life, or to put it bluntly, she married her work. We rarely saw her unless we schedule a meet up weeks in advance. But, we are proud of her accomplishments because she worked hard for them!
It was supposedly a mini potluck gathering. But since it will be like a tea party, we were all asked to bring desserts and breads. I knew they were expecting me to bring brownies, but for once, I wanted to surprise them.
Fortunately, I found the recipe for this gorgeous Coconut Cream Eggs over at My Incredible Recipes. They are a bite a bit easy to make; and since it’s coconut cream, everyone would go gaga over it. Everyone loves a good coconut recipe!
And I was right! I brought two boxes to the gathering; one for my friend and one for our friends. My friend had to bring out hers because everyone wanted more.
When I made these for my family, I pretty much received the same reactions. So yes, I am telling you now, this is a winner dessert recipe!
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup coconut, shredded
- 1 (12 oz.) bag melting chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer beat cream cheese and butter until blended. Add powdered sugar gradually. Add coconut and use a mixing spoon to make sure it is well incorporated. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Dust your hands with powdered sugar and mold coconut mixture into egg shapes.
- Place coconut eggs on parchment paper, and freeze for about an hour.
- Melt the melting chocolate according to the package instructions.
- Using a fork, dip the egg into chocolate and flip to cover completely. Use a second fork to help transfer the chocolate covered egg back onto the parchment paper.
- Refrigerate 5-10 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge in an airtight container.