My husband and daughter love this !! This CHERRY BARS make an impressive dessert that’s perfect to feed a crowd! Will be a staple treat in my household.
YOU’LL NEED :
#For the Bars:
– 1 to 1/2 cups butter, softened
– 3 cup of granulated sugar
– 1 to 1/2 teaspoon of salt
– 5 eggs
– 1 to 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1 to 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
– 5 to 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 to 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
– 2 (21 oz.) cans of cherry pie filling
#For the Glaze:
– 1 cup of confectioner’s sugar
– 3 tablespoons of milk
HOW TO MAKE IT :
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a jelly roll pan (12×17) with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar together in the bowl of your stand mixer, about 1-2 minutes.
3. Next, please add salt, eggs, and vanilla and almond flavorings and continue stirring until fully incorporated.
4. Now you may add flour and baking powder and mix until just combined.
5. Reserve 1 to 3/4 cup of dough.
6. Then make sure to spread/press remaining dough into the prepared baking pan. (See note.)
7. Top with cherry pie filling.
8. Drop remaining batter in small pieces over the cherry filling.
9. Place in the oven and bake until golden brown, about 50 to 60 minutes.
10. Once done, remove from the oven and place pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
12. Now that is cooled, prepare the glaze.
13. Whisk together confectioners’ sugar and milk until smooth and drizzle over the bars.
14. Finally, cut into 35 squares and serve.
RECIPE NOTES :
Simply be sure to mix together some cream cheese and sugar and an egg place it on the bottom crust then finish.