Everything you love about breakfast in one delicious pan. In the oven in 20 minutes!
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury Grands! Biscuits
- 1 package (12 oz) bulk chorizo or spicy pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped bell pepper (any color)
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups shredded pepper Jack or Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 375°F. In 12-inch ovenproof skillet, cook sausage, onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Remove mixture from skillet; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat eggs and cream. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese, the pepper flakes and sausage mixture. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 6 pieces.
- Spread oil in bottom of skillet. Place biscuits in skillet. Pour sausage mixture over biscuits. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until egg mixture is set and crust is deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe can also be made in a cast-iron skillet as directed. Don’t have an ovenproof skillet? Bake in a greased or sprayed 13×9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until egg mixture is set and crust is deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Chorizo, a coarsely ground pork sausage highly seasoned with garlic, chili powder and other spices, is widely used in Mexican and Spanish cooking. Spicy pork sausage can be used in this recipe instead of the chorizo.