I always seem to have leftover mashed potatoes in my fridge. This is a great recipe to use them up.
- 3 slices bacon
- 4 cups cold leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon slices, crumble, and set aside. Leave the bacon drippings in the skillet.
- Mix the mashed potatoes, eggs, flour, onion powder, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl; stir in the crumbled bacon and Cheddar cheese.
- Form the mixture into 8 patties. Heat the bacon drippings over medium heat, and pan-fry the patties in the drippings until crisp on each side, about 4 minutes per side.