- 2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 and 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 12 oz fresh cranberries (3 cups)
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Add sugars and beat again until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and salt and mix until combined.
- Add flour 1 cup at a time, beating after each addition until just incorporated. You may have to switch to hand stirring as dough will become rather thick. Do not overmix.
- Press 2/3 of the dough into bottom of prepared pan and about 1 inch up the sides. Top evenly with cranberries.
- Add pecans to remaining dough in bowl and stir to combine. Drop dough in chunks over cranberries so that the berries are mostly covered.
- Chill bars for about 20 minutes while you preheat your oven to 350°F. Bake until edges are golden brown, 42-45 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!