- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 3 carrots peeled, halved and sliced
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes do not drain
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 7 cups beef broth
- 2 cups Russet potato peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup frozen cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Season the stew meat with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place half of the meat in the pan in a single layer. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until browned.
- Repeat the process with the remaining beef. Place the meat on a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add the onion, carrot and celery to the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the beef back to the pot along with the tomatoes, Italian seasoning, bay leaf and beef broth. Bring to a low simmer.
- Simmer for 60 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Add the potatoes to the pot and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the corn, peas and green beans. Cook for 5 minutes. Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Discard bay leaf. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 776mg | Potassium: 1399mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 5410IU | Vitamin C: 24.8mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 6mg