- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- Panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Oil, for frying
Ginger Garlic Mayo:
- ½ C Mayo
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork.
- Cover each sweet potato with a paper towel and, one at a time, cook in the microwave. Start at 3 minutes and add 1 minute until sweet potatoes are mushy and not hard when you squeeze them. (Be careful, they’re hot!)
- Set aside to cool.
- Once cool, break open skin and scoop out the insides of sweet potatoes into a bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix with a fork until well incorporated.
- Scoop about 2 tbs of mixture into your hand and roll into a ball then flatten into a patty shape.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over low-medium heat.
- Once the oil is ready, add fritters about 3 or 4 at a time to the pan.
- Cook about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm.
Ginger garlic Mayo directions:
- Combine all ingredients. Serve with fritters.