Get ready for the “wow factor” when you bring out this beautiful dessert. Looks like it took hours to make, but you can be busy with other things while it’s baking and chilling.
2cups chocolate cookie crumbs3tablespoons butter, melted
4packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened3eggs3/4cup sugar1/2teaspoon almond extract1/2cup whipping cream1can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
1/2cup whipping cream1cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
Prevent your screen from going dark while you cook.
- 1Heat oven to 325°F. In medium bowl, combine crust ingredients; mix well. Press in bottom and 1 inch up sides of ungreased 10-inch springform pan.
- 2In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sugar and almond extract until smooth. Add 1/2 cup whipping cream; blend well.
- 3Spoon 3 1/2 cups cream cheese mixture into crust-lined pan, spreading evenly. Carefully spoon 1 cup pie filling evenly over cream cheese layer (reserve remaining pie filling for topping). Spoon remaining cream cheese mixture evenly over pie filling.
- 4Bake 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack 1 hour.
- 5In 1-quart saucepan, heat 1/2 cup whipping cream to boiling over medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- 6Line cookie sheet with waxed paper. Remove side of pan. Place cheesecake on paper-lined cookie sheet. Spread glaze over cooled cheesecake, allowing some to flow down side. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight. Serve topped with remaining pie filling.