- 2 medium English (1 lb) cucumbers, coarsely chopped*
- 4 medium (1 lb) tomatoes, coarsely chopped*
- 1 large bunch (1 lb) lettuce, coarsely chopped*
- 1 small bunch dill, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white or red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Garlic and vinegar, to taste (optional)
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients in order as listed and as you are preparing them (washing and chopping the vegetables).
- Stir well and gently, and serve immediately or within a few hours.
Store: To make ahead, refrigerate all vegetables covered in a bowl, and add oils, salt and pepper right before serving (as soon as you add salt – salad “leaks”).
*Use garden’s bounty or winter store’s availability. Any type of cucumbers (pickle, dill, garden, long English, Persian), peeled or not, work. Any type of full-grown, grape or cherry tomatoes work. As for lettuce – Boston, red leaf, romaine, butter, green leaf are great. Just make sure to chop all vegetables in similar sizes.