Back to Top
- 1 Head of cabbage chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic
- 5 Strips of bacon cooked and crumbled
- Reserved bacon grease
- ½ tsp. Onion powder
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the bacon and set it aside to cool.R eserve the bacon grease.
- Place the bacon grease in a deep side pot or skillet, and cook the onion until it is softened.
- Add the garlic to the pot and saute another 30 seconds.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the cabbage to the pot. Stir and then cover. Simmer until the cabbage has softened.
- Stir in the garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Saute another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the crumbled bacon to the top of the cabbage and serve.