- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 16 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 cup peanuts, roughly chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Combine flour and sugar in a large mixing bowl or mixer, then beat in the butter and vanilla extract on medium speed.
- Knead dough and shape it into 1-inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet, and indent each with your thumb.
- Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes or until the edges turn light brown. Cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine the heavy cream and caramels in a small heavy saucepan. Stir the mixture over low heat until the caramels are melted and smooth.
- Place about 1 teaspoon of the caramel into each cookie indentation. Add sea salt and chopped peanuts on top of the caramel.
- Let cookies sit for 5-10 minutes, or until caramel is set. Enjoy!