Raspberry Jello Pretzel Salad – One Of My Favorite Jello Salad Recipes! The Cream Cheese Mixture And Salted Pretzel Crust Mixed With The Raspberry Jello Is The Perfect Combo. A Little Sweet, A Little Salty And A LOT Of Deliciousness!
This raspberry pretzel salad is always requested by my family during the holidays. It’s so easy, delicious and flavorful. My family also requests razzleberry pie and banana cream pie.
PRETZEL JELLO SALAD
My family can’t get enough of this pretzel salad! When my mom announced “The salad is on the table” at our Christmas dinner, we definitely were not expecting this type of salad. Now THIS is my kind of salad!
- 1 3/4 cups crushed pretzels (about 6-7 cups pretzels)
- 3/4 cup salted butter (melted, 12 Tablespoons)
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 12 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cool whip (softened, 1 container)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 6 ounces raspberry jello (two 3-ounce boxes)
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- Pre-heat oven to 400°. Butter a 9×13 pan and set aside. Crush pretzels in a food processor or blender and then stir in melted butter and sugar until combined. Press evenly in a greased 9×13 pan and bake at 400 for 8-10 min. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until cool.
- In a medium size bowl, cream together the cream cheese with an electric mixer. Mix in sugar and then stir in cool whip. Drop about 8 spoonfuls over the top and carefully spread out on top of pretzel crust. Make sure to go all the way to the edges so the jello mixture doesn’t leak through. You can use your finger with a paper towel to run along the edges to make them clean lines. Refrigerate for about 1 hour, or until set.
- Boil water in a small pan with jello. Stir until sugar is dissolved (about 2 minutes). Then mix in the frozen raspberries. Let sit a few minutes and allow to thicken slightly, then pour on top of cream cheese mixture and refrigerate until jello is firm, at least 2 hours (I like to leave overnight).