-2 cups (284g) all-purpose flour (scoop and level to measure)
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-3/4 tsp salt
-1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
-1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
-1/2 tsp ground ginger
-1/8 tsp ground cloves
-10 Tbsp (140g) unsalted butter, softened
-3/4 cup (160g) granulated sugar
-1/2 cup (110g) packed light brown sugar
-1 large egg
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 cup (243g) canned pumpkin
Cream Cheese Frosting
-5 Tbsp (70g) unsalted butter, nearly at room temperature
-4 oz. cream cheese, nearly at room temperature
-2 cups (248g) powdered sugar
-1/2 tsp vanilla exract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two 18 by 13-inch baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves for 20 seconds. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until well combined.
- Mix in egg, then blend in pumpkin and vanilla. Add in flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Scoop dough out using a 1 1/2 Tbsp cookie scoop (filling it just slightly heaping). Drop onto prepared baking sheet spacing cookies 2-inches apart.
6.Bake one sheet at a time until cookies are set, about 13 – 15 minutes. Cool on baking sheet several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
7.Once cool frost cookies with cream cheese frosting. Store in an airtight container in a single layer in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving.
For the cream cheese frosting:
1.In a mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer whip butter and cream cheese until smooth and fluffy.
2.Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until well combined.