- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, roughly chopped
- non-stick spray, as needed
- Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray, then line pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-low heat until butter is melted and sugar has dissolved. 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in evaporated milk and bring mixture to a boil, then remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes, or until cooled to the touch.
- Stir in vanilla extract and salt until combined, then, working in batches, beat in powdered sugar.
- Once sugar is incorporated, fold in chopped nuts, then transfer mixture to greased and lined loaf dish.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes, or until set, then slice, serve and enjoy.