- 1 Box of refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 2 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 2 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 teaspoons of vanilla
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Butter cooking spray
- 2 cups of pecan halves
- Vanilla ice cream, if desired
- Heat the oven to 425 ° F. Grease 13 × 9 inch (3 quart) glass baking dish with foreshortening or baking spray. Remove 1 pies from the pocket; unroll on the work surface. Roll into a 13 × 9 inch rectangle. Place the crust in the dish; line the edges to fit.
- In a large bowl, stir together corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and eggs with stringed whiskey. Stir in the chopped pecans. Half the spoonful of the filling in a dish lined with the crust. Remove the second pie crust from the pocket; unroll on the work surface. Roll into a 13 × 9 inch rectangle. Place crust on filling; trim edges to fit. Spray crust with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 350 ° F. Spoon carefully remaining spoon filling onto baked pastry; arrange the pecan halves on Bake for 30 more minutes or until Cool 20 minutes on cooling. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.