These healthy Zucchini Carrot Apple Muffins are packed with fruits and vegetables and make the perfect kid-friendly breakfast or snack!
This past weekend I made two batches of these Zucchini Carrot Apple Muffins and I felt the need to share them with you again. I first shared this recipe on the blog waaaaayyyyy back in 2011. Then I updated the photos in 2015….and then again yesterday 🙂
To me, they’re the perfect summer AND fall muffin. They’re great for using up all that zucchini you probably have around all summer and then you can go pick apples in the fall and make them again!
I store them in the fridge. If you prefer them sweeter, you can add more sugar. To make them dairy-free you could sub oil for melted butter. You could experiment with swapping applesauce for some of the sugar if you wanted.
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini (excess water removed)
- 1/2 cup shredded apple (excess water removed)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot (excess water removed)
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- Mix first 8 ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until just mixed. Batter will be very thick. Stir well to ensure all flour is mixed in.
- Scoop into greased or lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Measure the zucchini, apple and carrots AFTER you squeeze the water out of them. I used 1 medium large zucchini, one large apple and 8-10 baby carrots.