Skip to content
- For the fudge:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- For the topping:
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- To make the fudge:
- Grease a 9×13-inch pan with butter or nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Place the cut up 2 sticks of butter and chocolate chips in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add sugar and evaporated milk to a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly for 10 minutes. Pour mixture over butter and chocolate chips.
- Beat mixture for 3 minutes with an electric mixer. Add vanilla extract and beat until incorporated.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan and smooth out top as needed. Chill 1 hour before topping with icing.
- To make the topping:
- Combine evaporated milk, sugar, and egg yolks in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook until mixture thickens, 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut and nuts.
- Let mixture cool before spreading evenly over fudge. Slice, serve, and enjoy!