INGREDIENTS (for one serving):
- 1½ bananas – ripe to overripe (7 oz.)
- 2 eggs
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- Maple syrup, butter, blueberries or any other topping of your choice, to serve.
- Crack the eggs in a mixing bowl and add the baking powder.
- Whisk to combine.
- In another mixing bowl, lightly mash the bananas with a fork. The mashed banana should be chunky and not smooth. This will yield a fluffy pancake.
- Pour the egg mixture into the mashed banana and stir to combine. There should be enough egg to hold the mashed banana together.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, melt a knob of butter with a little oil (½ teaspoon) – this is to prevent the butter from burning.
- Drop spoonful’s of batter in the frying pan and cook on one side until the baking powder is activated. 1 or 2 tablespoons of batter is enough for each pancake.
- Flip pancake over and cook until golden brown on each side.
- Cook 2 or 3 pancakes at a time to facilitate easier flipping.
- Stack onto a plate and serve warm with a topping of your choice.