- 3 chicken breasts, skin on
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons tawny port or similar red wine
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts and place them, skin down, into a shallow 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Pour melted butter over chicken breasts and bake for 40 minutes, flipping over halfway through.
- While chicken breasts are baking, in a medium bowl, whisk together tomato paste, golden mushroom soup, beef broth, tawny port (or red wine), shallot, fresh rosemary, fresh thyme, salt and pepper.
- At 40 minutes, remove chicken breasts from oven, pour combined ingredients into baking dish and bake for another 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve over mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles!