- 1/2 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, chopped into bite sized pieces or strips
- 6 slices bacon, cooked (I used Applegate Farms Reduced Sodium Sunday Bacon)
- 8 oz whole wheat pasta, uncooked
- 1 packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar, shredded
- 2 green onions, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp, then drain on paper towels. Chop bacon when cool enough to handle. Drain most of the bacon drippings from the pan, leaving about 1 tbsp. Return pan to medium hit heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and add into the skillet with bacon drippings, and cook until no longer pink and becomes golden brown, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add in milk and ranch dressing packet, and stir well. Cook until thick and bubbling. Add in cheddar cheese and 1/2 of the reserved bacon. Cook, stirring regularly until cheese is melted. If sauce becomes too thick, thin it out with some fat free chicken broth as needed.
- Spoon sauce over pasta, and sere with remaining bacon and green onions sprinkled on top.