- For the Bread Pudding:
- 6 large croissants or 10 small ones, slightly stale
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 egg yolks
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- Pecan Toffee Sauce:
- ¾ cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 TBSP Amaretto
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- For the bread pudding:
- Tear croissants into pieces and place into a baking dish that has been sprayed with baking spray or lightly coated in butter.
- Mix the egg yolks, sugar and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Then whisk in the heavy cream and beat until fully incorporated.
- Pour the custard over the bread.
- Press down the bread pieces until the bread is soaked with the custard. You will most likely have extra custard depending on how stale your croissants are.
- Don’t feel like you have to use all the custard.
- Place pan into another pan that will hold a water bath.
- Bake the bread pudding for 45 minutes at 350F until golden on top.
- Cool for 10 minutes and serve warm.
- For the sauce:
- Stir brown sugar and butter in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until melted and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add cream and Amaretto and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes and then add pecans.
- Serve on top of bread pudding.