Back to Top
- 1 lb sirloin or tenderloin, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of cayenne
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Mix flour, smoked paprika, cayenne and salt In a large bowl and add meat. Mix around with your hands, making sure every piece of meat is coated with the seasoned flour mixture.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet, on medium-high, add mushrooms and cook until golden. Add the seasoned meat and cook until barely browned, then stir in onions and cook until slightly golden.
- Add beef stock and scrape up any bits stuck to the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon or spatula. Let it come to a simmer and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add Dijon mustard, tomato puree and Worcestershire sauce. Cook about 5 minutes and remove from heat. Stir in yogurt until well combined.
- Serve over white rice, garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!