Back to Top
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- ingredients needed to make cake; eggs, oil and water
- 2 (3.4 oz) boxes instant vanilla or French vanilla pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tub chocolate frosting
- Make cake mix according to directions and bake in a well-greased 9 x13 pan.
- When cake is finished, while still warm, poke holes all over cake (about 1-inch) intervals using a wooden spoon handle or other similar size object.
- You want the holes to be fairly big so that the pudding has plenty of room to get down in there.
- Be sure to poke right down to the bottom of the cake.
- In a bowl, prepare pudding.
- Whisk together instant pudding mix with 4 cups milk.
- Whisk for about a minute until most of the lumps are gone.
- Pour pudding over cake. Taking care to pour it right into the holes as much as possible.
- Spread it all out and using the back of the spoon, gently push pudding down into the holes.
- Put the cake into the fridge to set and cool (about 2 hours).
- Remove the lid and foil covering from the tub of chocolate frosting.
- Pop it in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds.
- Stir with a spoon.
- It should still be a little thick but pourable – not bubbly hot.
- Pour chocolate frosting on top of pudding.
- Spread frosting evenly over cake starting in the center then spreading it towards the sides.
- Allow to cool on the counter for a few minutes, then put into the fridge to fully cool and set up.