Skip to content
- 8 pieces of chicken, bone in
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 and lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and add to the skillet.
- Sear chicken pieces on both sides until golden brown, 1-2 minutes per side, then set chicken in prepared baking dish, along with onion slices.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the same skillet. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in brown sugar, honey, oregano, thyme, and basil and stir to combine. Pour glaze over the chicken and onion, and bake in oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked all the way through, remove from oven and serve hot!