for 6 balls
- ½ cup melted butter(114 g), melted
- 1 ½ cups peanut butter(360 g)
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar(400 g)
- 1 cup chocolate chips(175 g), enough for dipping
- Mix butter, peanut butter, and powdered sugar until well blended. More or less powdered sugar can be used to make mixture more or less dry.
- Make 1 inch balls and freeze for about 20 minutes or until firm.
- Microwave chocolate chips for 60 seconds, stopping every 15 seconds to check and stir. Adding some vegetable shortening can make the chocolate thinner and easier work with.
- Remove balls from freezer and dip most of the way into the chocolate, coating all but a small circle on top. Using a toothpick for this works well but simply dipping it in and pulling it out with a fork also works. Place completed buckeyes on wax paper and allow to harden. Refrigerate if needed.