- 7-8 med Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅓ Cup milk
- ½ Cup sour cream
- ¼ Cup green onions. sliced thin, save 1 Tbsp for topping
- 8-10 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled, 3 Tbsp reserved for topping
- ½ Cup cheddar cheese, grated, save 2 Tbsp for topping
- In a large pot, place potatoes, garlic and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes are soft and easily pierced with a fork.
- Drain potatoes and mash. Add milk and sour cream. Stir in green onions, bacon and cheese.
- Put in a serving bowl and add toppings, serve at once.
- Note: This recipe can be made ahead of time. Put the mashed potato mixture in an oven safe dish and cover with foil. Refrigerate until ready to use and heat in a 325°F oven, until heated through. Add toppings when ready to serve.