Skip to content
- 1 1/4 cups butterscotch chips
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups marshmallows (not minis)
- 1 (6 oz.) bag popcorn, roughly 12 cups
- cooking spray, as needed
- In a large, microwaveable bowl, combine butterscotch chips, butter and peanut butter, then microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Note: using a rubber spatula sprayed lightly with cooking spray should help prevent sticking.
- Stir in marshmallows and return to microwave for another 30 seconds, then stir again. Repeat process until mixture is smooth and fudge-like. If using, stir in salt.
- Working quickly, and in batches, if necessary, add popcorn and fold into butterscotch mixture.
- Lightly coat your hands in cooking spray and roll popcorn into balls slightly smaller than the width of the palm of your hand.
- Let set for at least 20 minutes, then serve and enjoy!