- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package chili seasoning
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 ounces)
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (10 ounces)
- 1 can red kidney beans (14 ounces), drained and rinsed
- 3 cups corn chips
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large skillet, brown beef until cooked through, then drain excess fat, and add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and chili seasoning.
- Stir to combine, then add kidney beans to skillet. Stir, cover, and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes or until chili thickens.
- Spread corn chips in bottom of a deep cast iron skillet. Ladle chili on top of chips, then sprinkle with half of chopped green onions.
- Top with shredded cheese, and bake in oven 10 to 15 minutes until cheese melts and chili bubbles.
- Garnish with rest of chopped green onion. Serve hot and enjoy!