- ▢8 ounces (227 g) unsalted butter
- ▢7 ounces (198 g) granulated sugar
- ▢7 ounces (198 g) brown sugar
- ▢3 large (3 large) eggs
- ▢10 ounces (284 g) all-purpose flour
- ▢4 ounces (114 g) cocoa powder natural or dutched
- ▢2 teaspoons baking powder
- ▢1 teaspoon (1 teaspoon) baking soda
- ▢8 ounces (227 g) buttermilk
- ▢8 ounces (227 g) strong coffee cooled
- ▢4 ounces (113 g) vegetable oil
- ▢1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- ▢1 teaspoon salt
- ▢6 ounces (170 g) mini chocolate chips optional
Chocolate ganache glaze
- ▢10 ounces (284 g) semi-sweet chocolate
- ▢6 ounces (170 g) heavy whipping cream
- ▢2 ounces (58 g) corn syrup
- ▢2 teaspoons dark rum (or coffee liquor) optional
- ▢Mixer with paddle attachment
- Pre-heat your oven to 350ºF and move your oven rack so it’s lower in the oven.Prepare your bundt cake pan with chocolate cake goop or another pan release that has flour in it for best results.
For the chocolate bundt cake
- Sift together your flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Combine together your buttermilk, cooled coffee, oil, and vanilla and set aside
- Cream your softened butter in the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment until smooth
- While mixing on low, sprinkle in your brown sugar and your white sugar and then increase the speed to medium for 2-3 minutes or until the mixture has lightened in color and is fluffy
- While mixing on low, add in your room temperature eggs one at a time, letting each combine before adding in the next.
- While mixing on low, add in 1/3 of your dry ingredients then 1/3 of your liquid ingredients. Repeat two more times and mix until just combined.
- Stir in your chocolate chips if desired
- Pour your batter into your prepared bundt cake pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out with only a few sticky crumbs attached.
- Let the bundt cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes or until the pan is cool enough to handle with your bare hands.
- Invert the cake carefully onto a cooling rack and let cool uncovered another 2 hours before glazing.
For the chocolate ganache
- Bring your cream to a simmer (do not boil) and pour over your chocolate
- Let sit for 5 minutes then whisk until smooth
- Add in your corn syrup and vanilla and mix until smooth. Cool to 85ºF before pouring
Serving: 14servings | Calories: 8785kcal (439%) | Carbohydrates: 976g (325%) | Protein: 108g (216%) | Fat: 529g (814%) | Saturated Fat: 342g (1710%) | Cholesterol: 1417mg (472%) | Sodium: 4263mg (178%) | Potassium: 5223mg (149%) | Fiber: 68g (272%) | Sugar: 640g (711%) | Vitamin A: 9955IU (199%) | Vitamin C: 2mg (2%) | Calcium: 1558mg (156%) | Iron: 50mg (278%)