Back to Top
- 4 egg whites
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups club soda
- 1 pound asparagus
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (or hot sauce of your choosing)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Whisk egg whites in a large bowl until they form soft peaks, then whisk in flour and club soda.
- Set mixture in the refrigerator to cool and make the dipping sauce by combining the mayonnaise with lemon juice and sriracha. Stir until fully combined, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Pour 2-3 inches vegetable oil into a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat.
- Remove tempura batter mixture from fridge and dip your asparagus in the batter, gently shaking off any excess over the bowl.
- Carefully lower asparagus into oil in small batches and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until batter is golden brown. Remove when ready and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Serve hot with dipping sauce, and enjoy!