8 c popped kettle corn
8 oz chocolate covered toffee pieces
1 c pecans, toasted and finely chopped
2/3 c light-colored corn syrup
2/3 c sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c packed brown sugar
3 Tbsp sugar
5 Tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
12 oz semisweet chocolate pieces, melted*
1/4 c caramel ice cream topping
2 tsp coarse sea salt
1. Prep: 25 minutes | Chill: 45 minutes | Makes 20 to 24 bars
2. Line an 11x7x2-inch or a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan; set pan aside.
3. In a very large bowl toss together the kettle corn, toffee pieces and pecans; set aside.
4. In a small saucepan, combine the corn syrup, condensed milk, brown sugar, granulated sugar and butter. Bring mixture to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and boil gently, for 5 to 6 minutes or until the caramel sauce has turned light golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour caramel sauce over kettle corn mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon until the kettle corn mixture is completely coated.
5. Turn mixture into prepared pan, pressing firmly into pan using the back of the wooden spoon or a large piece of waxed paper.
6. Spread melted chocolate over kettle corn mixture in pan. Drizzle caramel topping over chocolate. Sprinkle with sea salt.
7. Place in the refrigerator for 45 to 60 minutes to allow chocolate to set.
8. Use foil to lift bars from pan. Cut in bars**. * Note: Place chocolate pieces in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cook on 50% (medium) power for 2 to 3 minutes or until chocolate is just melted, stirring twice. ** To make cutting easier, wipe blade of knife with wet paper towels frequently.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!