Lets just start out by saying you are going to LOVE this recipe. Its so simple too and the flavor? Unbelievable! Just look at this?!? Fresh sliced mushrooms, Onions , seasonings! This makes it taste fantastic! You know me.. HAD to add BACON! Mix all together The smell coming from this pan is something out of heaven! I did 4 larger patties, but you can definitely make 6 smaller with this recipe. Creating those perfect pan drippings . . . It was hard for me to take these photos because I was starving the whole time
Hamburger steak with onion and mushroom gravy makes a classic, simple recipe. This quick recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes.
For the Hamburger Steak Patties
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 6 slice of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoons fresh black pepper
- 1 cup all purpose flour
For the Brown Onion Mushroom Gravy:
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Gravy master (orange top)
- 2 cups of freshly sliced mushrooms
- In a Large bowl combine all the patty ingredients EXCEPT for the flour and olive oil & mix well.
- Shape into 4 to 6 hamburger patties – all the same size.
- In your flour you set aside, dip each patty so both sides are well coated
- In a large- semi-deep cooking skillet, on medium heat heat the olive oil and place each of the patties in the pan.
- Cook until browned on both sides, remove and set aside–reserving all the pan drippings for the gravy
- In the pan with the drippings, add in the sliced onions to the skillet, add a tablespoon of water, and cook over medium heat until lightly caramelized, stirring frequently.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together the beef broth, water, 1/4 cup of flour, seasoning salt, pepper,, Worcestershire and gravy master,until well combined.
- Pour this mixture into the skillet with the onions and stir constantly, until mixture begins to thicken.
- Return your cooked hamburger steaks to the skillet, flipping a few times to coat each side with the gravy, you want to make sure they absorb the gravy on each side.
- Add in your sliced mushrooms, then reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Cook, covered, for about 20 minutes longer being sure to flip them every 5 minutes to keep them coated well..
- Serve over buttered mashed potatoes
Source : allrecipes.Com