- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar (or other vinegar)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ cup lemon juice
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp Dijon or Spicy Brown mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 6 chicken breasts or 3.5 lb chicken
- Combine all ingredients, except for chicken, in a large Pyrex measuring cup or mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Place chicken in a large, ziploc bag and pour marinade over the top. Close securely.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat and lightly oil the grates.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, letting the excess drip off.
- Grill chicken for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Baste the chicken occasionally with the leftover marinade.
- Remove chicken from grill and tent with foil. Let chicken rest for at least 5 minutes before serving
- If you bring the remaining marinade up to a boil, let simmer until slightly reduced, it makes a wonderful sauce to go on top of the chicken.
I’ve marinated my chicken for as few as 30 minutes and the chicken was still phenomenal. Basically, the longer you have to marinate the better but don’t worry if you don’t have a lot of time.